this post is from a while ago..but it really was a very good routine. Ive since used up most of the products and need to repurchase!
I recently went on a one week trip to new york to visit my brothers in Williamsburg Brooklyn. Everyone there is a hipster and has kooky /alternative /band style. (Too cool for school) very low key makeup and unfussy hair etc. Definitely not a glamazon look in this part of town but still very style concious. But the purpose of this post is to document what beauty products I took with me when it came down to packing and not having a lot of extra space. (I didn't even check luggage, so proud of myself!).
This has become my basic routine which I have got down to a bit of a science over the past few months
1. Mac studio finish concealer in NW30
4. So ceylon as a blush/bronzer/ AND as an eyeshadow all around the eye
5. Liquid eyeliner. Maybelline Line Stilletto. love it.
6. Mac Please me lipstick which is a Matte bright pink lipstick that somehow looks quite natural on me and brightens up my face. This has me only wanting to wear matte lipsticks. I am loving them and also realising they are a bit uncommon. I'm thinking about trying some of the ones from the new Revlon matte collection.
7. Prestige eyeliner In dark green (this stuff smudges but it really works well with my eye color so I deal with it.)
the only thing I wouldn't repurchase would be the studio sculpt foundation..it wasn't bad but I felt like I needed more coverage. I feel like you should be able to just slap on foundation on a lazy day and not have to follow with concealer. so in my opinion I had to put on too many layers to cover my dark areas.( I have some melasma on my cheeks and forehead)
and now for some blurry pictures!..
one of my brothers and a friend
a game of some sort at night in the park
It was fun!
Thanks for stopping by and Love to all